Site Network: Personal |

 

Hi everyone, this would be the place where I can get connected with my family and friends when I am abroad. Wish we can stay in touch always, and I will keep updating you my current life here... =) You are welcome to leave any message and comment here... Take care and have a nice day!




Thesis Supervisor Advisor Meanings Joke

Thesis Supervisor Advisor Meanings Joke from Molecular Station...
Just for laugh... Hahaha...

LANGUAGE USED BY THESIS ADVISORS - Made Simple For Graduate Students ^^

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Look at this as a learning experience....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: You're going to suffer...

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Let me explain the format of the defense.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Let me make you even more nervous.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I'm here to lend you support.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I'm here to destroy you so you won't look smarter than me.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I found the overall concept interesting.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: This is my token compliment before ripping your idea to shreds....

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I would like to have had more time to study this.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I didn't read it.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I have some concerns about the theory upon which your study is based.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I hate the theory, but I can't insult the author so I'll insult your work instead.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: There are some aspects of the study that I would like to hear more about.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I read it but I just don't remember anything about it.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: There are some aspects of the study that I would like to hear more about.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I read it but I just don't remember anything about it.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your hypotheses are not strongly enough linked to the existing literature.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: You came up with an innovative idea and I want to make sure you never do it again.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your research is an interesting extension of my own work.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Why didn't I think of this before you did?

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: You have failed to take into account some of the more relevant literature.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: You failed to cite me.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I would like you to explain......
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I don't know anything about this stuff so you'll have to explain it to me.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your statistical results don't seem to support your hypothesis.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I don't understand statistics.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your selection of statistical tests is rather simplistic.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I'm the only one here that understands statistics and I wanted to rub it in.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: How did you ensure that you had drawn a random sample? ....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR MEANS: I had to come up with at least one question and this one always works.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: This is a great topic for your thesis....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: This is some grunge work that will help me get tenure.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your funding is secure.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Maybe.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Your funding is probably OK.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Start worrying.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: I'll see what we can do about funding.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Start looking for another advisor.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Let's wrap this up.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I'm hungry.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Write another chapter.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR MEANS: Write another chapter.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Think of this as an investment in skills that will be useful to you in your later career.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: We're going to exploit you to the gills.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Don't listen to XYZ, just listen to me.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: Both XYZ and I are fools, but I'm funding you.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: You will be ready to write up soon, but need to do just one more experiment/program/chip.....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: You have now become a useful slave, and I am not about to let you graduate without doing more footwork for me.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Could you step out of the room while the committee comes to a decision?....
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: We decided beforehand to give you your degree, but we still want to make you sweat some more.

WHAT YOUR ADVISOR SAYS: Its been a pleasure having you........
WHAT YOUR ADVISOR REALLY MEANS: I loved the free Peon work you did, however you are no longer an asset. Get your stuff off your bench ASAP. Next...

This is just for laugh, if there is any identicalness, is merely coincidence.., it does not referring you...
純粹搞笑, 如有雷同,純屬巧合, 請勿對號入座...

Labels: ,

posted by teopag @ 3:34 PM,

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger KJ Lim said...

those phrases are very familiar... hehehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


© 2006 TPG punya blog 阿源嘅部落格 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly | Design by Andreas Viklund
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health