Site Network: Personal |

 

Hi everyone, this would be the place where I can get connected with my family and friends when I am abroad. Wish we can stay in touch always, and I will keep updating you my current life here... =) You are welcome to leave any message and comment here... Take care and have a nice day!




31st August 2006

Happy National Day!!! Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

This is the first time i "celebrate" National Day abroad.
Woke up in the late morning today..., checked-out from Activities Centre then went to check-in to the International Student Dormitory...
The weather is very hot, i sweat all the way dragging my luggages...

The dorm manager Dr. Hong were very helpful and nice, she explained every important point to me.., then brought me to visit all the facilities...
Hey, i told you, the facilities there is very impressive, laundry, kitchen, computer room and leisure are available, everyone is provided with a key card to access to all the facilities.., so the security system is good in the point that each card is unique and only the manager has the master card key. They will have the records on all your accession to every place.
The room is nice, better than those in UPM obviously... with nice furniture, balcony, air-conditioned and attached bathroom!!! One thing DNA was wrong is that they do not provide pillow or hanger for clothes...

Went to see Jessica, the student coordinator and my hosting PI Dr. Hwang Der-Hwa. We talked for a while and then he provided me a place to settle down at his lab, so kind of him. Most of the restaurants closed after 2pm, but i still able to had my lunch (the price is 50% more expensive than KL)... Went to see my hosting senior, a nice Indian guy named Srikanth Chiliveru. He brought me to Carrefour with his friends (my coursemates) to buy some groceries... Oh dear, there were lots of variety of goods that are not available in Malaysia, and the goods are relatively not cheap also...just got to know that the price included 5% tax (no wonder so expensive) and they do not provide plastic bag (NT2 for a bag), so everyone is carrying things just like that... I applied for a Carrefour card to collect points... Hahaha...

Cleaning the room and sorting all the stuffs i brought over, luckily i brought what i need... :)

Happy Birthday to King Hwa! Wish you dreams come true.
They are celebrating Independence Day in Malaysia, whilst we have to be independent in Melbourne and Taipei...

posted by teopag @ 11:46 PM,

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger DNA said...

I dont know they dont provide pillow or hanger... coz the activity center does ma... i think you also bring your own pillow and hanger there la.. haha.. dont always convert the money back to RM if you do so then you will not spend any money there!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger teopag said...

i know la..., i never blame you also... you are very helpful indeed... hehe... send my regards to Yoon Ming, Dr. Ng and Susanna... take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


© 2006 TPG punya blog 阿源嘅部落格 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly | Design by Andreas Viklund
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health